Project Hand in Hand
Project Hand in Hand
Supported by Temasek Foundation Cares
Project Hand in Hand aims to engage volunteers to be mentors to pre-school children. These children do not attend pre-school regularly due to various challenging family circumstances. As a result, they miss out on development opportunities during their critical early years.
We are looking for volunteers to walk the child to and from pre-school regularly or when the parents are unable to do so.
If you believe in our goals of:
- Building the ‘Kampong Spirit’ where neighbours help one another
- Breaking the cycle of poverty through education
- Getting retired seniors involved in the community
Join us as a volunteer today! You can make the difference to a child in need!
Click here to read a volunteer’s experience sending a child to school.
Project Hand in Hand is now on Zeles mobile app , sign in to view timing & location of children who requires assistance.
Current locations which require volunteers updated 30-Aug-18:
1) Bedok North Ave 1/ St 3 (12pm)
2)Hougang Ave 1/3 (8am/ 12pm)
3)Ang Mo Kio Ave 3/4 (9am)
4)Spooner Road/Telok Blangah (8am)
5) Corporation Drive/ Kang Ching (between 7am to 9am)
6)Yishun Ave 11 (9am/5pm)
7)Toa payoh lorong 8/1 (9am/5pm)
8) Chin Swee/Jalan Kukoh (9am /5pm)
10)Tampines St 22 (8am/12pm)
11) Chai Chee Road (4pm)
12)Sembawang Drive (1pm/5pm)
13) Teck Whye (between 5pm to 7pm)
14) Sin Ming Ave/ Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (12pm)
Criteria for Volunteers:
- Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident
- No criminal record
- Able to attend one-day orientation
**Seniors are welcome to join
Criteria for Children:
- Child with irregular attendance (70% and below)
- Child must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Child enrolled in preschool centre operated by Anchor Operator or Voluntary Welfare Organisation
Volunteers will receive a regular allowance as a token of appreciation.
For more information, please contact Ms. Alicia Chan/ Ms. Natasha (Tel: 6281 4989; firstname.lastname@example.org)
School timing information:
We hope to hear from you soon!
Important note on your personal data:
We handle your personal data with care. Personal data collected and held by us will only be used for the purpose of the Project Hand in Hand matching of volunteers to families in need. The collection of NRIC is for the purpose of the criminal background check that is required due to the safety of the preschoolers in the programme.
Please click for the application forms: