Fundamentals Certificate in ECCE
12 Sep 2023 to 30 Jan 2024
21 August 2023
The Fundamentals Certificate in early Childhood Care & Education introduces the novice teacher to the early childhood profession by exploring his/her role as a teacher assistant and equipping him/her with the necessary skills of working and guiding children in an early childhood setting. By understanding the child, the teacher assistant will be able to assist in providing appropriate materials and daily activities for young children (0-8 years) in the classroom.
The course also aims to raise the assistant teacher’s awareness in the areas of children’s safety, health, nutrition, child abuse, neglect and professional positions on children.
The assistant teacher will be encouraged to engage in reflective practice, promote positive relationships with families and foster their positive sense of identity and personal effectiveness.
There are a total of 6 modules:
- Child Development and Guidance (30 hours)
- Creative Approaches to Caring Pre-School Environment (36 hours)
- Safety, Health and Nutrition (24 hours)
- Professional Development (21 hours)
- Working with Families (9 hours)
- Practicum (60 hours)
Course Structure and Duration
This course consists of:
- 120 classroom hours
- 60 practicum hours
Total: 180 hours
- 5 months (Part-time)
Assessment and Award of Certificate
- Consists of modular tests, projects and assignments.
- Students are also required to keep a learning journal of the 60 hours of practicum.
- There will be 2 practicum visits from the practicum tutor.
Award of Certificate
Successful completion of assignments and field practicum leads to the award of the Fundamentals Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education.
- 17 years of age and above.
- Possess a minimum of Secondary 2 Level.
$1,650.00 + $132.00 (8% GST)
Total (incl GST) $1,782.00
$50.00 + $4.00 (8% GST)
Total (incl GST) $54.00
(* All fees stated are subject to 8% GST charges with effect from 1 January 2023)
SCs and PRS (Self-sponsored individuals must be at least 21 years)
Funding: Up to 50% of course fees
SCs aged > 40 years old (SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy)
Funding: Up to 70% of course fees
AECES reserves the right to postpone the classes due to unforeseen circumstances.