Course for Family Day Care Providers
This course provides family day care providers with hands on experience and information on expectations/standards of caring for young children in a home setting.
1. At least 25 years old and not more than 60 years old.
2. Has at least 2 years of experience in caring for children.
3. Is physically and mentally healthy.
4. Is free of criminal offences and child abuse convictions
1. To provide an understanding of the role of the family day care provider
2. To enable day care providers to meet the safety requirements
3. To provide day care providers with the knowledge on health, nutrition and the healthy life-style
4. To enable day care providers to plan the day through creating space and using age-appropriate materials and; to draw up a schedule for the day
5. To provide an understanding of the different milestones and promote appropriate guidance techniques
Course Duration ：
Classroom session: 21 hours
Community Visits: 9 hours which include visits to library, polyclinic, infant care or child care centre.
1. The Role of the Caregiver
2. Importance of Safety, Health and Nutrition
3. Planning the day for the child
4. How to manage children
5. Appropriate guidance and discipline
6. Caregiver & Child Relationships
$350 + 7% GST
Certificate of Attendance will be awarded for those who attain 75% attendance
Please register your interest here. For enquiries, please call 6472 2768.